CBD oil has become the town’s talk due to its abundant therapeutic properties that are great for human health.
People use it to treat inflammation, cure their depression and anxiety problems, deal with insomnia, and decrease their pain. Medical research has also found CBD oil immensely helpful in treating multiple diseases, including epilepsy, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. The defining property of CBD is its non-intoxicating nature.
With the market buzzing with CBD products, especially Cannabis oil, some people also prefer to prepare this extraordinary oil at home. The question is how to make cannabis oil.
Well, making CBD oil at home is an easy and quick process, but the oil may not be as potent as the one produced on a large scale with the help of modern equipment. So, how to extract CBD to make your own CBD oil?
Why Make CBD Oil?
CBD is taken in many forms, including gummies, ointments, and capsules, but oil is the most famous among these methods. People go for homemade CBD oil because the product may not be available in that particular region or to avoid the high cost of the one available in the market.
Thing To Remember
Making CBD oil is a simple process, but don’t forget to keep certain useful tips in your mind.
- Pay special attention to selecting the cannabis plant. Be sure to use the best strains in your homemade oil with a higher level of CBD.
- CBD is a fat-soluble compound, meaning it enjoys mixing with fatty acid molecules such as those found in oils. Choose the top-quality olive or coconut oil for your recipe as they are suitable for both edible and topical needs.
- Try adding mint, vanilla, or citrus extract to CBD oil to give it a nice flavor. But if the oil is meant for cooking purposes or topic use, then omit the flavoring.
Multiple Ways Of Making CBD Oil At Home
The means by which you can make your own CBD oil involves two methods. It is up to you to decide which one you find suitable.
- The first process uses food-safe alcohol to extract CBD from the strains of the hemp plant.
- The second process requires you to extract CBD from the natural plant using a much smoother method. This technique is quite popular with beginners in CBD extraction.
Now, let’s talk about how to make canna oil.
How To Make CBD Oil Using The Oil Method?
Preparing CBD oil using the oil method is an effortless and uncomplicated method of extracting CBD oil. It involves some simple ingredients and even a simpler procedure to follow.
- Hemp flower (approx.28g)
- Carrier oil (approx.450g)
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Glass jar with a strong lid
- Double boiler
- Chop the hemp plant into fine, even pieces, neither too small, not too big. Even pieces of the hemp plant will allow you to extract the maximum quantity of CBD.
- Place parchment on the baking tray and spread the fine pieces of the grind-up flower onto the tray. Put the tray in an oven preheated at 110°C (225°F) and bake for an hour. This will initiate the process of decarboxylation, which will turn the inactive CBDA into active CBD. The low heat and lengthy baking time will help secure the terpenes.
- Next, mix the flower with the carrier oil and then saturate the weed from the oil. Place the mixture on top of the double boiler and fill the bottom of the boiler with water. Heat the water to bring it to a boil. The simmer is important as it will allow the terpenes to evaporate. This process takes around 2-3 hours.
- Take the empty jar and place the cheesecloth on top of it. Pour the mixture over it. Fill the container with the CBD infused oil. And don’t forget to close the lid tightly. This is how to make CBD oil at home.
Tip: Store the extracted CBD oil in a cool, dry place and let it stay overnight for better results.
How TO Make CBD Oil Using Alcohol Method?
The alcohol method is also known as the “ethanol method.” Alcohol works as an extracting agent without leaving any sort of odor or unpleasant smell. This is the best method for making CBD oil for amateurs as it does not require any high profile skills.
- 30g of ground buds,
- 60-100g of ground dried shake or trim
- Food-safe grain alcohol
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Sieve or cheesecloth
- Double boiler
- Mixing bowl
- To begin the extraction, first, you need to carry out the decarboxylation process. For that purpose, place the plant matter on the parchment paper and place it on the baking tray. Place the tray on the preheated oven at 110°C (225°C). Allow it to bake for one hour.
- Put the baked plant in a mixing bowl and pour in an adequate amount of alcohol to fully submerge the plant. Stir it with a spoon for about 5-10 minutes. The alcohol works as an extracting agent and pulls out all the chemical compounds.
- Separate the plant matter from the CBD rich alcohol extract by pouring the solution through the cheesecloth or sieve. The alcohol will have a dark green color to it.
- Repeat the above process with fresh alcohol. And keep collecting the extracted oil in a bowl. The extract once becomes more clearer, moves towards the next step.
- Put the extracted oil into the double boiler and apply slow heat. High-profile alcohol evaporates at low temperatures. Maintain the necessary heat to get the best results. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- Let the product cool and store the freshly extracted cannabidiol oil in an airtight container in a dark place.
How To Make CBD Oil At Home: The Final Thoughts
So, now you know how to make CBD oil. The in-depth article guided you from ethanol extraction CBD to storing the homemade cannabidiol oil.