Ever heard of CBD bath bomb?
CBD and its consumption methods are evolving remarkably, and we have to say they are quite interesting at the same time to experience. After the massive success of CBD as an all-inclusive ingredient for boosting mental and physical health, it has also shown its miracles as a great skincare product.
Up till now, CBD oils, capsules, gummies, topicals, etc., were the few options available to enjoy CBD’s fantastic benefits. However, the creative minds in the industry have leveled up the game by introducing CBD bath bombs in the market.
Let’s find out what these bath bombs with CBD actually are, and how can you get one for yourself?
What Are CBD Bath Bombs?
CBD bath bombs are just like your usual bath bombs but are infused with cannabidiol. CBD bath bombs can contain cannabidiol oil along with other essential oils and fragrances. If you don’t recall, Cannabidiol is a safe and non-psychoactive compound of the cannabis plant that facilitates the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Now when the CBD product is used topically, such as the bath bombs, it can potentially work with the cannabinoid receptors on the upper layer of the skin while acting as an antioxidant at the same time. A simple warm bath can become luxurious with CBD infused bath bombs and provide all the known benefits of bath and more, including;
- Calm the brain and relax the mind
- Relieve soreness in the muscles and joints
- Improve gastrointestinal health
- Help stabilize hormones
- Moisturize skin and hair
- Improve blood flow
- Improve heart health
Baths are generally healthy, but the ingredients in the bath bombs make them more effective and beneficial. Besides CBD, floral aromas, fruit extracts, coconut oil, or shea butter makes the bath bombs more appealing and relaxing for the mind and moisturizing and nourishing for the skin.
The next question we have on our list is ‘how to make a CBD bath bomb at home.’ So, let’s get to it.
Making CBD Bath Bombs At Home:
The Internet is filled with different methods to make CBD bath bombs at home. When you decide to CBD oil bath bombs yourself, the first benefit you enjoy is controlling the cannabidiol dosage according to your wish and requirement. Also, making CBD bath bomb is very cost-effective as most of the ingredients are available easily at home.
For your ease, we have a very simple CBD bath bomb recipe for you. Our recipe deals with 100mg of cannabidiol with your choice of oil and will give you two super relaxing bath bombs.
The time required: 15- 20mins
Makes: 2 bath bombs
Setting time: leave overnight
Ingredients: Here goes the ingredients list;
- baking soda 4oz
- Epsom salt 2oz
- Cornstarch 2oz
- Citric acid 2oz
- CBD oil
- 9 to 10 drops of any essential oil
- Water 1 tsp
- Coconut oil 1tsp
- Food coloring 1 to 2 drops (optional)
Figuring Out The Right Amount & Form Of CBD Oil
Before moving towards the making process, let’s first figure out the amount of cannabidiol oil you will need for your CBD bath bomb. There are various forms of CBD available in the markets but using a CBD isolate, or oil is better to ensure the exact consistency of CBD in your bombs.
You can make bath bombs with different consistencies (from high to low level of cannabidiol as you could later use them as per your needs.
CBD is measured in milligrams (mg), and the lowest level of cannabidiol in the bath bomb is around 20 to 25mg.
- If you tend to cure minor pains and discomfort, opt for 60 to 100mg of CBD oil.
- If you want to ease extreme pain and need extra relaxation, increase the dose and add around 180 to 200mg of cannabidiol to your bath bombs.
CBD Bath Bomb Method:
- The first step is to mix the dry ingredients such as baking soda, Epsom salt, cornstarch, and citric acid in a big bowl. Make sure the dry ingredients are lump-free and are mixed thoroughly before moving for the wet ingredients.
- Heat the coconut oil on a very low stove to melt and make it more consistent. Next, add other wet ingredients to it, including water, CBD oil, essential oil of your choice, and mix them all thoroughly.
- Now comes the tricky and the most important part of making your CBD bath bombs. Very slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ones whisking it continuously. Here be very careful not to make your mixture too soggy, or your bombs will start to fizz up.
- Keep some dry ingredients aside, and if you see any fizzing, you can add the dry ingredient to saturate the mixture. If you see that the mixture is dry, you can add a little drop of water or oil to it.
Note: For the food coloring: if you are using any natural powder-like beet powder (which is preferred over artificial colorings), then you will have to add them with the dry ingredients.
If you opt for artificial food coloring or fruit juice, then add that with the wet ingredients. You can also add flower petals in your bath bombs to make them look extra special.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and pack them tightly as properly as you can. Leave them to dry overnight without touching or moving them a lot.
Pro tip: metal molds are better than silicon ones.
- Next, remove the half part of the mold. Let the ball like substance dry a little more, and then remove the bottom part of the mold very carefully.
- You can even leave it for a day just to be safe. And Voila, your cannabidiol bath bomb is ready to fill your next bath with a relaxing aroma.
So, now you know how to make cannabidiol bath bombs. Be sure to keep them at a dry place so they won’t break or react to the moisture around them. You can also play with their colors and gift them to your loved ones wrapped in pretty gift papers.
Have a great soothing bath with your home-made CBD bath bomb next time.